In honour of the holiday season my bestie and I decided to spend the afternoon being the domestic goddesses that we are and bake the most delicious cookies ON EARTH.
If you hate things that are chocolatey, gooey, warm and festive I suggest that you immediately close your browser (and die. just kidding). For everybody else please see below for my all time favourite chocolate chip cookie recipe (with an added holiday twist).
These can be made without the candy cane if you want something more classic, but lets be honest people, mint and chocolate together is one of the best combinations.
*It’s also worth mentioning that I prefer when things are both salty and sweet so I use salted butter instead of unsalted.
Tania’s Favourite Chocolate Chip Cookies
¾ cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
¼ cup granulated sugar
1 room temperature egg (or egg substitute)
2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
½ cup chocolate chips
½ cup miniature m&m’s
4 candy canes, crushed
1.Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Crush candycanes in a ziplock bag with a hammer.
3. Separate red and green m&m’s from the package.
4. Cream together butter and sugars until smooth.
5. Add egg and vanilla and blend in.
6. Stir in flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt.
7.Stir in chocolate chunks, M&M’s and Crushed Candy Cane
8. Drop by tablespoons onto a greased baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes, until golden brown around the edges.
1. Let cool slightly and enjoy.