1. In a medium bowl, combine the tomatoes, onion, garlic, basil, olive oil and salt and pepper. Toss to combine and store in the refrigerator for one hour (you don’t have to wait this long, but it is recommended to bring out all the flavours).
MAKE THE BRUSCHETTA:
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a small bowl, combine the olive oil and garlic powder.
3. Brush the top side of each baguette slice with the olive oil mixture.
4. Place slices onto a lined baking tray and bake for about 10 minutes, until light golden brown.
5. Top each slice with a spoonful of the salsa.