Healthy Hair Tips
1. Get smarter about your shampoo. Clarifying formulas usually strip the hair so what you want is something damage repairing like the Matrix re-bond line.
2.Don’t wash your hair more than you have to. Excess washing can dry out your hair so whenever you can skip a day, that’s great. Instead, embrace a dry shampoo that’s a hard-core oil and odor absorber. Matrix’s PlayBack refreshes your hair and extends your look without the damage from another blow dry.
3.Treat your hair to a deep conditioning masque once or twice a week. Depending on the ingredients used, these products provide a rush of hydration (even more so than the average conditioner) and nutrients that repair and nourish the hair shaft. I like the Biologe r.a.w re-hydrate mask.
4. Anything that speeds up a blowout is good, less heat means less damage. Blot (don’t rub) your hair with a towel, I like to used the Aquis towel because it absorbs a lot more than a a regular towel and it makes blowouts take half the time. Add a quick-dry spray and you’ll be out the door in no time! Matrix-Turbo Dryer contains fast drying agents that tame frizz and flyaways and protect against heat.
5. Untangle your hair from the bottom instead, working your way up to eliminate breakage, and try not to brush when its wet, hair is more susceptible to damage when it’s damp than when it is dry.
6. Before heading into the pool, jump in the shower and soak your hair with water. Your hair will absorb the fresh water, essentially not leaving any room for your hair to absorb as much of the chlorinated water once you dive in. Follow up with a quick rinse as well. This will prevent the chemical deposits from sitting in your hair, further warping the color and drying them out.
7. Spray on a heat protectant before applying a curling iron. You don’t want to soak your strands but lightly spray any area where your hair will be touching the direct heat. I use the heat-buffer by Matrix.
8. Get trims often. Trimming simply keeps hair more healthy as it grows. Trimming split ends off regularly–every 8 to 12 weeks is recommended and allows your hair to grow with less breakage and thinning.
To find a store that carries Matrix Total Results The Re-Bond and Matrix Style Link products click here!